DAVID S. SIEGELMAN
222 Race Street Apt. #8 • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly qualified software engineer and recent graduate of the Fox School of
Business at Temple University with a Master’s of Science in Information
Technology, Auditing and Cyber Security. Unwavering perseverance in achieving
product quality and customer satisfaction. Superior communications skills, proficiently
interacting at all organizational levels, including executives, management,
clients, vendors and operational staff.
JQuery, JSON, PERL, Python, Ruby on Rails, XML, VBA, XML, XSLT
Databases DB2, IDMS, MS Access, NoSQL, MySQL, SQL 7.0, MongoDB
Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, NetBeans, Excel, WordPress
Burp Suite, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Splunk, Tableau, VMWare, Wireshark,
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
REBEL CAPITOL DESIGNS – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
June 2003 – Present – Senior Technical Lead
Co-founded a graphic design and multimedia firm in order to help small
businesses within the metropolitan area
reach customers on the internet, in newspapers and magazines
PERL, PHP, Python and Ruby on Rails (with Macromedia Dreamweaver and Apache
• Assisted clients in developing advertising strategies using both
print and digital media.
• Photographed client work sites using traditional and digital formats
for web development use.
• Maintained high level of client satisfaction and corporate integrity
by monitoring the development process.
• Using MS SQL, Access, Excel and VBA, wrote several stored procedures,
functions and macros to help with automation processes.
• Held instructional software classes in Excel, Access, MS SQL,
MySQL, PHP, Python, HTML, XML, AJAX, AngularJS, NoSQL, MongoDB, Ruby on
TEK SYSTEMS at Jefferson Hospital – Philadelphia PA
February 2018 – Present – Deployment Technician
Worked with network engineers to make data more easily obtainable during
• Deploying PCs in support of Thomas Jefferson’s EPIC Go Live
• Worked with technicians and end users to verify proper connections
and security access.
• Maintianed multiple installations at various locations around
the Philadelphia Area
PRINCETON INFORMATION at ETS – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 2016 – January 2017 – XML Conversion Analyst
Provided services in the areas of IT process transformation, application
development and desktop support. Responsible for fielding and resolving
customer issues as well as for developing and maintaining complex software
• Converted PowerPoint content into complex XML for analysis and
• Wrote a group of shell scripts to automate processes to check
for errors in documents
• Consulted with colleagues daily to discuss possible problems/issues
and developed resolutions around them<
B.I.T.S. SUMMER PROGRAM AT TEMPLE UNIVERSITY – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
July 2014 – August 2014 – Instructor/Mentor
Instructed 20 high schools students on creating website for major university
• Took part in weekly seminars and outings to local web developments business
in the Philadelphia area
• Write weekly lesson plans and consulted with other instructors on a
JACQUETTE CONSULTING, INC at Philabundance, – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 2013– November 2013 – Data Analyst
Provided services as an Data Analyst for a large non-profit specializing in
feeding individuals facing hunger
• Wrote programs using VBA to scrub data within MS Excel spreadsheets
before uploading to SQL database
• Wrote analytical reports in MS Excel using pivot tables off loaded from
a SQL database to show metrics
• Created scheduled DOS batch jobs to FTP data from a client’s off
• Wrote stored procedures and queries in SQL which performed data conversion,
cleansing and validation
TEK SYSTEMS at Comcast – Mount Laurel, New Jersey
May 2011 – July 2011 Software Engineer
Worked with network engineers to make data more easily obtainable during system
• Re-configured data using MS SQL and XML in order to pass needed information
between legacy and
• Wrote and updated MySQL (on a Linux/Apache Tomcat Server) queries and
stored procedures where applicable.
• Modified WSDL whenever necessary.
• Was involved with database changes whenever reconfiguring was necessary.
GLOBALFIT – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
June 2008 – September - 2008 Web Programmer/Analyst
Employed by popular health and fitness broker providing consumers access to
affordable health clubs and benefits.
• Supported online data entry system using languages including PHP, VB
• Attended weekly consumer team meetings to discuss application issues,
enhancement possibilities, and project distribution.
RESOURCES FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
April 2006 – June 2008 – DBA / Business Analyst
Worked for a large non-profit organization that provided services to individuals
with developmental delays, mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, as well
as homeless persons.
• Created and maintained Excel and Crystal Reports for offsite users to
help them better monitor their consumers’ progress and billing history
and show analytical metrics
• Wrote several SQL store procedures, macros, functions and queries to
better assist users with their data extraction selections and automate any necessary
• Helped maintain data integrity by assisting users with applications
and closely monitoring a MS SQL database for problems and issues.
• Created a group of applications in PHP (on a Linux/Apache Tomcat Server)
in order for users to monitor designated data.
• Taught classes in Microsoft Access and Excel to qualified employees
of the organization.
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH SYSTEM – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
July 2005 – March 2006 – Programmer / Web Analyst
Recruited by a world leading health system offering services to doctors, nurses,
and technicians. Helped make data quickly available to doctors and nurses in
turn making it easier with their critical care management.
• Supported Medical Information System using ASP, VB .Net, XML, XSLT and
• Contributed support to critical nighttime jobs and applications.
• Developed an application which constructed Word Document through XML
/ XSLT and user entry data
• Created an interactive death certificate using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Created an application which analyzes survey data provided by the University
Hospital residents and fellows using SQL, VBA and Excel along with associated
stored procedures, queries and macros.
COMPUTER AID at Rohm and Haas – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
March 1995 – March 2003 – Computer Programmer / Analyst
Provided services in the areas of IT process transformation, application development
and support, and desktop support. Responsible for fielding and resolving customer
issues as well as for developing and maintaining complex software systems.
• Reconstructed DB2 Historical Invoice/Order system, reconfiguring and
rebuilding maps and tables.
• Wrote analytical MS Excel reports using SQL queries, stored procedures
and functions to present metrics to users and management
• Displayed dedication and loyalty by responding to off-hours support
calls, working throughout nights or weekends to ensure business operations could
be completed in a timely manner.
• Tasked to support CICS/DB2 system having no documentation; through detailed
analysis and research, designed and developed comprehensive reference library
for ongoing support and maintenance.
for programmers to monitor scheduled job flow.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September - 2004 – June 2005, January 2009 – June 2015 – Teacher
Taught classes at the Elementary, Junior and Senior High School levels when
regular teachers are unavailable. Wrote weekly lesson plans, attended weekly
teacher meetings, and also led parent/teacher conferences as required.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
FOX SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT TEMPLE UNIVERSITY 2015
Master of Science, Information Technology Auditing and Cyber Security
Data Analytics for IT Auditors
Project: Use of Tableau to analyze data and make predictions and identify possible
Intro to Ethical Hacking
Project: Use of Cross Site Scripting, HTML code and SQL injections to find and
expose weaknesses on test server
Advanced Penetration Testing
Project: Use of Aircrack, Kismet and Burpsuite for use with application analysis
on test networks
Intrusion Detection & Response
Project: Use of Splunk and Wireshark identify anomalies and develop a course
DPT CONSULTING GROUP INC. – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2002
Certificate of Completion in Application Servers and J2EE Enterprise Web Development
CHUBB INSTITUTE – Jersey City, New Jersey 1995
Diploma in Computer Programming
KEAN COLLEGE – Union, New Jersey 1992
Bachelor of Social Work